Anyways I literally haven’t gotten dressed in 24 hours. I have been literally sitting in bed eating crepes drenched with tears and wondering if anyone has ever felt as sorry for themselves as I currently do. Through my impossibly tangled headphones the most somber of all playlists blares. I am literally wondering as to when my next encounter with another human being will be, eagerly anticipating the site of a friendly, familiar face.
Disclaimer, my emphasis of “literally” means quite the opposite: theatrical exaggeration, self pity, and creation of drama are, when sullen, my only extracurricular activities so please, for those of you who are not aware of the full of extent of my ability to stretch the truth, please read as follows:
“exotic illness”-- “a cold of low to medium severity”,
“I haven’t gotten dressed in 24 hours”—“I haven’t applied mascara since yesterday”
“Crepes drenched with tears”—“Crepes saturated with Nutella, powdered sugar, and fuck, a slice of apple pie on the side too”
“the most somber of playlists”—contemplating whether I should pre-order the regular or Deluxe version of the new Britney album (March 29th come sooner please) while simultaneously deciding which of the recently released singles I prefer.
The bit about human encounters- Getting ready to leave my house and go book a hotel room for an important celeb who is going to be in Aix THIS FRIDAY—DADDY T taking a break from work and hanging out with me in Provence!! Also he has agreed to have dinner with me Hannie and the ho-mo… I will have to devote an entire novel to that meal good gott in himmel.
Regardless, my life is literally like a music video to the Dark Side of Indoor Track Meets right about now. The house is abandoned. House here roughly means une espace approximately the size of a master bathroom we don’t exactly live in any kind of luxury. Ho-mo is off cooking quiche in the Alps, while Sophie our 38 year old host sister alias SoSo (for whom our dependable, supersonic, and ever-reliable wireless internet, SoSo13, is named) is most likely painting landscapes and quietly crying herself to sleep about not being married.
This is undoubtedly one of the most depressing experiences, so depressing in fact that the heavens have clouded over in sympathy avec moi. I can not even explain. I am attempting to drown out the sound of birds and children with Britney’s divine voice, attempting to erase the fact that there is human life outside my drawn shades and locked shutters. Lots of throat lozenges and mind-numbing Macbook activity to take my mind of the fact that everyone I know and care about is currently in Belgium raging without me. I knew this “schoolwork” would eventually contribute to the depression of my typically phenomenally functioning immune system. Jesus.
Excuse me, I’m sorry, I’m really such a lady. It’s just that there is nobody even in Aix right now and I am really rather miserable, especially what with the ciel being so nuageux right about now, I am getting sunshine deficiency. Or that might just be the sobriety speaking. JUST.KIDDING.
don’t hold it against me,
M
As an aside, to one of my closest and first friends at Tufts (Milla1), Ben, Bborn, I love you so much and I am so thankful everything is okay. I am thinking of you always and I miss you so much.
"Stretch the truth" is such an understatement!!!
ReplyDeleteYour ability to create such a melodrama out of nothing and make funny really dramatic situations always amazes me.
I am glad that you pointed out your slight exaggerations though, because I was worried that people would start calling the Frog equivalent of 911 to come take you away because your suffering from a depression causing exotic virus.
BTW, your "exotic illness" aka sore throat is probably due to the extreme vibration your ear drums have been subjected to. Christ!! I can hear what you're listening to all the way here in Houston!!
I love your blog kouklaki mou!! more please!!
PS: Celeb? DADDY T? you make sound like I am a rapper!!
Holding it against you,
ReplyDeleteIf you are contemplating pre-ordering Britney you basically have already done it so might as well. I am excited for you that Jumbodad is coming for a visit. I really don't have that much to say considering we fb chat every single day and are currently doing so.
I'm kind of upset i'm in Aix to nurse you through your self-imposed depression and convince you that you don't have AIDS.
We all miss you here and have been telling stories about you on the reg.
Please, from both me and Jumbodad, stop vibrating your ear drums and turn down your music. Otherwise I am going to start becoming convinced that you actually DO have an exotic illness and call house on you.
i love you magggsssssssssssss
love,
JumboMere
not in aix*
ReplyDeletein case you were confused.
if i didnt know you better i would be slightly more concerned but i know youll weather this "storm" perfectly well. i miss you xoxo
ReplyDelete